Saturday, January 03, 2009

How To Go One Day Without Speaking

I haven't spoken to another human in nearly 24 hours. In this day and age of cell phones, where no one is truly alone, (unless your network fails), this is somewhat strange. I'm receiving information from TV, internet, and books, but no actual human voice. As an experiment, I'd say this would be a failure. The Internet is communication with other humans. It's anonymous and yet not. I'd wager you communicate more of who you are through your written words, than you do through real life transactions.

Silence would kill me. So I know this is the most human-deprived that I could make myself go through, but I know of so many people that get energized from non-communication. They like to fold unto themselves and hide themselves away. I can't quite understand it. Perhaps, I will put my mind to these thoughts and come up with a reason why this is. Today just doesn't feel like that day.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home